Choosing the catering for your wedding should be an enjoyable experience, yet for many, it can be more than a bit stressful.
If you don’t even know where to begin booking wedding catering, then the guide below is just what you need.
Read on to discover:
- What food should I serve at my wedding?
- Where to find a wedding caterer
- How to book a wedding caterer
- Questions to ask your wedding caterer
What food should I serve at my wedding?
There are so many different catering options available for weddings, so you can pick whatever type of food you like. In fact, you don’t even have to limit yourself to just one cuisine. You can choose to serve all your favorite foods if you want to.
Many couples are now shying away from the traditional 3-course wedding meal in favor of more relaxed dining such as grazing tables and even pizza and burger stands.
At the end of the day, it is your wedding, so you can serve whatever food you want!
Where can I find a wedding caterer?
If you have already booked your venue, then you may be required to use their in-house catering team. Alternatively, your chosen venue may have a local catering company that they recommend or require you to use.
If you have chosen a venue that does not offer catering or does not have on-site catering facilities, then finding a caterer will be down to you. You can find lots of stress-free wedding catering solutions that enable you to get exactly what you want for your big day without any hassle or stress.
How to book a wedding caterer
When booking a wedding caterer, the earlier you can do this, the better as this will help ensure you get the caterer you want and allow you to get the best deals.
Start by looking at wedding catering suppliers in your local area to see what is on offer, and then select 2 or 3 that you like best. Once you have your shortlist, you can arrange face-to-face appointments to discuss what you want in more detail and find out more about what they offer.
Questions to ask your wedding caterer
When you sit down with your selected caterers, there are several questions that you should ask to make sure they are the right fit for your big day. These are as follows:
- Are you free on X day?
- Do you offer a set menu or a more bespoke service?
- Can we see a sample menu?
- What are your most popular dishes?
- Do you charge per head, or do you charge a bulk fee?
- Do you have any pictures or videos of previous wedding food you have catered?
- Do you provide complimentary tastings?
- Do you offer drinks packages also?
- Will you provide waiting/bar staff?
- What is your staff dress code?
- Do you make wedding cakes?
- Do you cater to dietary requirements?
- Will you provide the cutlery and table linen?
- How much do I need to pay as a deposit?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Of course, this list is not exhaustive, and you are likely to have more questions you want to ask, but it gives you a good idea of where to start.